Monday 3 February 2014

Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede - A review

A few months ago, I was very lucky to get a sample of a Jo Malone fragrance.  I was so excited as Jo Malone fragrances are raved about here, there and everywhere and as I have always felt rather intimidated by how expensive the shop looks, I have never actually smelt any of the fragrances.  


The fragrance I received was the Peony and Blush Suede Cologne, which was released in September last year.  Described as 'The essence of charm'. This combines red apple, jasmine, rose and gillyflower with the deeper, sensousness of blush suede.

The sample was in the prettiest little box ever! 


Truthfully, I didn't get the hype and that is why it took me so long to post this as I have tried it many times in the hope that something would click but it just hasn't for me.  The scent is quite heavily floral with a slightly masculine edge to it but I do not detect the freshness of apple.  The scent of rose and jasmine is predominant for me with just a hint of something a bit deeper.  It dries down slightly less heavy and therefore slightly less over powering.


The wear time on this is quite brief, if I were religious about my fragrance, I would be topping it up every few hours and on a cost-per-wear basis, this would not be a cheap addiction!  This is most likely due to the fact that it is a Cologne rather than an Eau de Toilette.

Jo Malone fragrances are designed to be worn alone or layered and so I would be interested to see how this one, layered with a more fruity offering, would react.  

One day, I might actually make it over the doorstep as there are a few I wish to have a sniff of, white jasmine and mint and pomegranate noir are high on that list.

Oh, and if anyone can tell me if 'Blush Suede' is an actual thing, that would be great?!

Have you tried any Jo Malone fragrances?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment