Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation - A Review

A while back now, I decided I would splurge on some higher end foundation than I would usually use in the battle against my face! So I headed straight for the Bobbi Brown counter as, although I have lusted after many a palette and shimmer brick from the brand, I have never actually bought anything from them.
  

I was served by Heather at the Bobbi Brown counter in John Lewis in Aberdeen and she was really nice and made me feel really at ease.  I had originally asked for a sample as I wanted to test coverage and longevity of the foundation whilst working in the hospital, where it can get really warm!  Heather told me that they don't give out samples and that they colour match their customers there and then, and that's what she did.  


The foundation I was interested in was the long wear even finish foundation and Heather removed my make up, cleansed my skin and applied primer and all that jazz before applying the foundation, it was the first time I have ever had my make up done and it was really nice! The foundation itself has good coverage and although it is oil-free, the finish is not cakey.  Heather matched me to the shade 'Warm Sand' which I initially thought would be way to dark and yellow for me.  Bobbi Brown base products do lean towards yellow, as Bobbi (said like we are bezzies!) believes that the yellow helps neutralise any redness.  While I think there is definately merit to that, if the shade is too dark, it's going to look very odd.

In the shop, I was sold, it covered my blemishes pretty well although Heather did also apply corrector, powder, blush etc. and the finish was rather glowy.  However, as usual, when I got out into daylight, I wasn't happy with the shade.  As it was too dark, the difference between my face and my neck were glaringly obvious.  I think in store this was hidden a little bit by clever application of bronzer!

I would definately try this again, but I may just order online, looking at the delivery and returns section on Bobbi Browns website, it does state that where base products such as foundation and corrector are concerned, they will accept them back if they have been tested.  Obviously, if you use half the bottle, you are not going to get your cash back!  

It is also an SPF15 so as always, something to consider if you are going to be in the midst of flash photography.

I also got some cute sample of skincare and mascara (which I haven't tested yet) and should also mention that the Bobbi Brown brushes that Heather used were really soft.

Have you tried any Bobbi Brown products?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment