Monday 24 February 2014

Because winter hates your lips?...

Back in January, I may have purchased a few bits in the feelunique sale, one of which was the much raved about Reve de Miel ultra nourishing lip balm by Nuxe.

Walking to and from work in the cold Aberdeen air can really take it's toll on your skin in general and I found that my lips were in desperate need of some nourishment rather than just a barrier (such as vaseline).


The product weighs in at 15g and comes in a rather nice , frosted glass tub.  Retrospective thinking here but I would have preferred to try the stick version as it's more hygienic than dipping my fingers in but as it's just me that uses it and I apply it after I have brushed my teeth and washed my hands, I shan't worry too much.

 

When I opened it, I was really surprised at how solid it is and that actually put me off a little.  I felt I really had to work to get the product out and then felt I was dragging it across my lips.  I've since seen somewhere that there is almost like a skin across the top and once you get past that, it's a bit easier to use.  

 

Containing honey, plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence, this is a heavy duty lip balm.  What I really quite like about this is that it is matte and it doesn't change the colour of your lips nor does it give them that white look that can happen if you put on a tad too much (probably because it's too stiff to put on too much!).

I can put this on at night time and still feel it on my lips in the morning, it's not sticky as such but it does make your lips feel coated.  I'm not so fond of it as a slick on after lunch kinda thing but as an overnight 'treatment' if you like, it is very effective.

Tested in the extreme weather conditions in Canada, I would recommend this if you are going to bracing the elements whether it be walking to work or going ski-ing, this balm offers long lasting protection and nourishment and the scent isn't too overpowering either.

Do you have a  favourite cold weather lip balm?

Have you tried any of Nuxe's products?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment