Wednesday 9 October 2013

Swatching it up a little...

I was in the sacredest of sacred places recently, yes, Boots, again and didn't buy anything!! Except some halls soothers! However, I wasn't feeling that rotten that I couldn't do a few swatches.


Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip colour in 'Fling Thing', £15 here.  First off, the colour of this is lovely, a perfect autumnal, berry shade.  The casing is so unusual too, it kinda looks like a Doric column from ancient greece. With shea and mango butter along with Vitamin E, this packs a hefty hydration punch for your lips and has a double slanted tip for precise application.  It did glide on very smooth and I can see why this would be classed as medium-full coverage.  My only bugbear is paying £15 for a lipstick, but I could be tempted with this one!


Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in '07 Fuschia Graffiti'.  A superbly bright pink!  This contains Orchid Blossom extract to help it glide on lips smoothly and it feels as though it would do just that.  Bourjois can do no wrong at the moment with new releases popping up every other day it seems and each collection just as good as the last.  There are 18 shades in this particular lipstick ranging from nudes to dark purples, so there is something for everyone.  This is also claimed to hydrate and protect lips for 10 hours, a claim that I usually take with a pinch of salt. This can be purchased at Boots or Superdrug for £7.99.


Lastly, was a rather melty Sleek 4 Lipstick Palette in 'Ballet'.  Sidenote, I do wish people would take a bit more care when handling products in the shops, I love a good swatch myself but it doesn't kill ya to put lids back on and not get lipstick all over the place! *steps off soapbox*. 
 Back to the matter in hand, Nudes are not something I tend to go for when picking a lippy, my dark hair, green eyes and pale pink skin, seem to me to be a better match for pinks, purples and reds.  Having saying that, nudes are something I want to experiment with as they can look great with a smokey eye and this wee palette is a great way to try out a variety of nudes.  
The pigmentation was really good with these four and the consistency was nice and smooth, the palest one on the top left corner looked to me like concealer at first glance and it seems to be softer than the others.  Still, a great introduction to the nude lip for £8.99, these only seem to be available on the Superdrug website, here, it doesn't seem to be on the Boots website at the moment, but I think that the range is quite new to Boots.

Do you have plans to buy a new lipstick for Autumn/Winter?

How much is too much to spend on a lipstick?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment