Thursday 24 October 2013

Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser

In one of my recent trips to Boots, I really wanted to get my hands on the Origins 'Out of Trouble' face mask but was told there has been a supplier problem and they don't know when it will be back in stock.  This seems to apply to the Origins website too.

So instead, I got the highly praised 'Super Spot Remover' to try and tackle my breakouts, I will review that at a later date, and also the 'GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser'.  The counter assistant kept calling this Vitazing and I was getting really confused! 


Nice and sturdy pot, although I do favour a pump dispenser rather than sticking my fingers in my products.  Pumps are also great for managing how much you dispense.


The pot itself is a good size, which is nice as I consider £23 on a moisturiser a bit of a splurge.  I can see this lasting a good while with daily/every other daily use.


Love a brand that makes their recyclable packaging from recycled products.  


The ingredients are pretty good, Panax Ginseng and coffee beans are used to brighten and revive your skin whilst salicylic acid helps to fight off blemishes.  It's worth mentioning that it does contain some silicones, such as methyl trimethicone and dimethicone (both have been approved by the FDA and other such organisations as being safe to use).  It also contains quite a few essential oils, which can be an irritant to skin.


The moisturiser is strongly scented of oranges, great if you like oranges (I don't!).  Aromatherapists use orange oils to help relieve anxiety and boost moods so it's a good little pick-me-up for the darker mornings.  I can't detect if it contains orange oil or extract (it's maybe on the ingredients list but in some latin form?) but if it does, orange oils can cause slight photosensitivity so that is something to watch out for.


The texture is lovely and smooth (thanks to the silicones) and has a very gel-like feel.  It is also absorbed very easily into the skin.  It is also oil-free and therefore a good option for oil skin types.

I like it but I don't know if I will repurchase it.  I really like the texture and how quickly it is absorbed but I have noticed that my skin does seem slightly redder on the days that I have used it.  Also, I would like to see salicylic acid closer to the top of the list of ingredients. Lastly, the smell, I've never liked oranges but that's just me!

Have you tried any Origins products before?

How do you feel about essential oils in skincare? 

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment