Thursday 3 October 2013

Oh look, I've been to Boots...

Tonight in Aberdeen, there was a 'grand re-opening' of Boots Beauty Hall in what I call the 'Main' boots in the city centre.  Keen to see what was new and improved about it, I trotted along after work.

It was nice, althoug I didn't find it that different.  There was two new additions in the form of bareminerals and Molton Brown and I think the Bumble and Bumble stuff was new too, I think in the past I had only ever seen it in John Lewis here but I may be wrong.

So, I may have bought a coupla things...


I did pay for most of this (freebies detailed below) and it came to about £54, not nearly as close as I was expecting to spend, in a good way.


Origins Best At-Home Facial, this was free with any skincare purchase.  Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF 15 sampler.  Max Factor Whipped Creme foundation in 50 Natural. Philosophy Microdelivery triple acid brightening peel (1 pre-saturated pad).  The perfume strip has a skoosh of Molton Brown 'Londinium' unisex fragrance. It is a unisex fragrance that lasts for 24 hours or until you wash it off, it's nice and clean and cosy and I like.  FYI, Skoosh is a technical term...


Some essentials, ish.  Cutex Ultra Cleansing nail polish remover, does the job and lasts a long time.  Radox Moisture Soak, a continous repurchase for me, Nivea In-Shower moisturiser, I'm looking forward to trying this.  Soap and Glory Pulp Friction Body Scrub, Soap and Glory really do scrubs well and so I have every faith that this will be a winner too. Brown metal-free hair bands, super handy for work.  Moist towelettes, I have decided these are a handbag essential now for when I am getting ma swatch on!


Some skincare treats.  Simple Kind to Eyes revitalising roll-on.  Since catching a coldy/ fluey thing a couple of weeks back my eyes have felt so tired and this promises to cool and refresh, nice! And my proper luxury items, Origins Ginzeng moisturiser.  I am not that keen on the smell of oranges but the texture of this felt nice on the back of my hand so I'll give it a whirl and lastly, Origins Super Spot Remover.  I have heard great things for this teeny tiny little bottle and so I have high expectations, super handy as I have about four volunteers on my face right now.

Next Thursday the 10th of October, Boots in the Bon Accord centre are having a points event until 9pm where you can get £12 of Advantage card points when you spend over £50 in-store.  So if you are local to the area, it's worth a visit.

Any Super Spot Remover success stories? 

Hugs,

Jodi

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment