Friday 20 September 2013

My cup of Thé


Ages ago, I used to get my Glossybox delivered monthly and it was a joy.  I have stopped it for now as I felt I was becoming inundated with samples and needed to use up some of the stuff.  One item I did receive in my glossybox that I loved was a (generous) 10ml Sample of a Caudalie Eau Fraiche.

I got the Zest De Vigne, which was feminine and citrussy and quite uplifting and my boss got Thé Des Vigne.  I loved the feminine, fresh and fruity initial scent with the top notes of orange blossom and the heart notes of grape which blend beautifully into more sensual notes of white musk, neroli and ginger.  


I bought Thé Des Vignes from feelunique recently as it was on sale and I got a code for another 10% off, I couldn't refuse.  It arrived really quickly and was well packaged in it's own sturdy cardboard tube.  Caudalie are all about natural ingredients and have used grape water as a base for this scent.  This wears off after about 4 hours or so but still leaves a lingering scent behind.  It's almost romantical!


This seems to be marketed as a limited edition but it was released in 2011 and is still on the go.  The cheapest I can currently find it is here.  


The bottle itself is good and sturdy whilst still looking pretty, it has an ombré effect on the bottle which could be interpreted to show the founder, Mathilde Thomas' description that 'Thé des Vignes captures in a bottle the magical and fleeting moment when the last rays of the sun turn the vines purple in the twilight.'
The bottle also has an impression of a bunch of grapes on the vine on the back, which is again, a nice nod to the natural grape water base.

This is one of my most complimented scents and I have only worn it to work twice!

Have you tried an Eau Fraiche before?

Have you tried any products by Caudalie?

Hugs,

Jodi 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment