Wednesday 28 August 2013

Weekend Mani

I was given a new nail polish by one of my lovely work chums and couldn't wait until the weekend to try it out.
Introducing Sally Hansen's 'fuzzy coat!

Similar to Nails inc. feathers, the fuzzy coat contains strands of different colours suspended in a clear base.  The colour I was given was 'all yarned up' however, I believe there is 8 different colours in the range.

As soon as I saw this, I automatically thought of 'Porchester Square' a gorgeous Nails Inc, neutral shade, marketed as one of their hero shades.  These two polishes together give an otherwise very grown up mani a fun twist.


When I was shopping for my mum's birthday, the girl behind the counter at the jewellers even commented on my nails! 



When I was passing through Boots - it was a shortcut, I promise! I came across their new nails inc stand and couldn't resist a comparison.  This is 'All yarned up' next to 'Chester feathers', they are very similar! The Nails Inc has turquoise-y type strands as opposed to the blue in the Fuzzy coat.  

Application was pretty good although I do find the strands a pain on the end of the nail, if they hang over at all, they can catch and chip very easily.  Once applied the texture was pretty smooth, a coat of seche vite settled any bumpy bits.

What I really like about this is that it is a trend that all ages can wear, the recently retired secretary from my work came in with cake and she was wearing the Nails inc feathers! 

I'm intrigued to try the Bourjois laser toppings now.

Have you tried any of the feathers effect polishes? 

Hugs, 

Jodi
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment